Welcome to my newest blog designed to help you implement the healthy lifestyle changes recommended in my blog, Yoga Diva Adventures. Each issue will include recipes as well as tips to help you take one step to improve your overall health & wellness. I've taken the best of wellness topics I had the pleasure to present at a yoga retreat while traveling to Asia and Australia and added practical tips to form healthy habits you can incorporate into your busy life.
This issue I present recipes from the Kitchen of Krishna Village Eco Yoga Retreat, located in the beautiful rainforest region of Mt. Warning Australia. Every day Krishna's Kitchen's chefs Shakti and Daniel create delicious, colorful and nutrient rich meals using mostly locally grown produce.
Are you ready to begin Healthy Habit #1?
The kitchen at Krishna Village, is staffed by volunteers from around the world who need no special skills or cooking experience to help the chefs prepare these wonderful, healthy meals. Enjoy!
2 Heads of Cabbage (Red, Green, Chinese)
2 Large Carrots
2 Ears of Corn
1 Large Beet
A Variety of Vegetables for dipping (Zucchini, Broccoli...)
A variety of spices: Cardamon, Curry, Thyme, Rosemary or buy a pre-mixed blend of spices, sea salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil
Dried Beans: Lentils, Mung Beans, Chick Peas, Red Beans, Black Beans..
Grains: Brown Rice, Amaranth, Quinoa(seed)
Variety of Raw Nuts & Seeds: Peanuts, Sunflower Seeds, Almonds, Cashews...
Vinegar -Apple Cider, Wine, Any variety
Other: Capers, Olives, Honey, Low Sodium Soy
Not all items are for this menu's recipes.
1. Prepare Wraps the night before Bring a pot of water with a dash of sea salt to a boil. Add cabbage leaves. Use outer leaf of one cabbage. One large leaf makes 2 wraps. Let Boil for 5 minutes or until leaves are malleable. Remove from heat. Drain & soak overnight in cold water with a teaspoon of vinegar
2. Prepare the Stuffing -Shred & boil remaining cabbage until tender. Once cabbage is slightly cooled, shred both carrots and add 1 carrot, 1 cup capers, sunflower seeds, dates, spices of choice & 4 cups pre-cooked brown rice. Use juice from capers to flavor the rice. Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
3. Stuff the Wraps -Cut leaves to desired size, roll mixture inside being sure to fold edges. Your cabbage rolls are now ready to be served!
TIP -Don't be afraid to experiment and add more vegetables or other ingredients. Cooking is an art form.
Carrot & Beet Slaw
1. Shred one beet, one cup of arugula, a carrot and red cabbage. Mix together with corn removed from ears & toasted sunflower seeds. Set aside.
2. mix the juice of 1 lemon, 1 Avocado, 1/2 cup of water, a dash of sea salt, a tablespoon of honey (if desired) in a blender until thoroughly mixed.
3. Mix Avocado Dressing with Slaw right before you are ready to serve.
Purchase or make your hummus, cut your vegetables and water melon and you are ready to feast!
LUNCH IS SERVED!!!
Meal plans for your unique taste, complete with recipes & shopping list are available at BeautifulFitFree.com